Thursday, March 18, 2010

Turbo Tax CEO doesn't trust Turbo Tax to prepare his taxes so why should you?

From the March 15th USA Today interview with Brad Smith CEO of Intuit:


Q: Do you use TurboTax to file your own tax return?
A: I use it every year to help my mom do her taxes and my brother. (I) have situations with trusts and things, (so) I've used someone to help me with my taxes the last couple of years. I do go through my own taxes with TurboTax and compare it (with my accountant's results).


Having a trust should make a difference????

Or perhaps we should ask Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.  He blamed his own tax problems on Turbo Tax.  Click here for even more details about whether the software was in fact the problem and not his own. 


In any case shouldn't any taxpayer think twice before filing on its own? 

Are you in danger of being TURBO TAXED?

No comments:

Post a Comment