Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I am having a difficult time feeling sorry for these guys

Ran across this post on Yahoo's front page.  Apparently if you are a contestant on the Price Is Right and you win a prize you have to pay some taxes on your winnings.  But there is even more wining.

"I think a lot of people don't understand what they're getting themselves into. They're just like, 'Oh my God, I'm going to win a bunch of stuff,' and then they're going to have to forfeit their prizes because they can't afford to pay the taxes on them," she said. 

As for Schwartz's other prizes, the pool table and shuffle board table were worth an estimated $14,000, but Schwartz sold them for $4,500 on Craigslist because they were too big to fit into her small apartment. "I took a bite on that one," she said. Because the game show will only deliver to the winner's home address, if a prize (say, the ever-popular bedroom set) is too large, the winner will have to pay for shipping to an alternate location. Schwartz was fortunate that the vendor agreed to store the items for the couple of months it took her to unload them.


Read more my clicking on this link

No comments:

Post a Comment